£0.74 45 minutes Serves 10
Hash browns are one of my favourite things, they work well either on their own on with a full English breakfast. Whilst you can of course buy them, these are simple to whip up and filled with good bits.
All you need is
- 5 new potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 red onion
- Handful spinach
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
- 2 tsp chilli powder
To make it just
- Peel the potatoes and carrots, grate the potatoes finely into a bowl, grate the carrots into the same bowl.
- Finely chop the red onion and spinach and place into the same bowl, mix in the herbs and chilli powder.
- Place all the mixture into a bag and place a small hole in the bottom of the bag and squeeze the contents to remove all water.
- Mould the ingredients into a patty shape and squeeze to ensure it stays together. Place them onto a plate then freeze for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and either fry in a non-stick pan for 2 minutes each side, or place in the oven for 10 minutes turning halfway through on gas mark 4, this eliminates the use of oil.
Where to buy