Lunchtime seems to be a difficult situation for most of us, with many running out to the shops and grabbing a meal deal and others cooking from home and taking it in with you. Bulk cooking your lunch and storing it in Tupperware can save you money and help you enjoy your lunch hour. I portioned mine and froze 2 then popped one in my Find Me A Gift lunchbox and off I went.
£0.47 20 minutes Serves 3
All you need is
- 1 tin red kidney beans
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of rice
- 200g passata
- 1/2 white onion
- 100g frozen mixed vegetables
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Slice of fresh lemon (optional)
Tip: try this recipe with my fully loaded salsa
To make it just
- Cover the rice with 3 cups of water and place in the microwave, cook for approximately 10 minutes but check on it until all water is absorbed.
- Slice the pepper and onion up then place in a pan and cook, once browned add the drained beans, spinach and vegetables then cover with passata and mix in the seasonings.
- Add the rice to the pan with vegetables once cooked and cover well before boxing up and leaving to cool.
- Store in the freezer for up to 1 month or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serve hot or enjoy it cold (if you prefer) with a dollop of salsa or squirt of lemon for a hit of extra flavour.
Where to buy
|Red kidney beans||£0.30||£0.30||£0.30|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||£0.77||£0.89||£0.80|