I kicked off my vegetarian week with this lentil chilli, it was perfect for a cold day and tasted amazing. Chilli con carne is one of my favourite meals, so when I was researching what meals to have for my veggie week I found this of high interest to me. I wasn’t disappointed either, even if you aren’t veggie you’re sure to love this low calorie easy meal.
£0.81 15 mins Serves 4
All you need is
- 1 tin green lentils
- 1 box passata
- 100g frozen vegetables
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 chilli con carne sachet mix
To make it just
- Boil water in a saucepan and cook the frozen vegetables for around 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes drain the vegetables and place them back into the saucepan.
- Open the tinned green lentils, if they are in water then drain them before adding them to the saucepan.
- Add the passata, chopped onion and chilli sachet mix to the pan before stirring well and leaving to thicken for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice or tortillas.
Where to buy
|Tinned green lentils||£0.55||£0.55||£0.50|
|Chilli Con Carne sachet mix||£0.88||£0.75||£0.40|