Dinner parties are recently seeing a resurgence with #SupperClub trending on Instagram and Twitter. So what is it about this evening meal that we all love so much?
Well, Uncle Ben’s feel it’s the fact that it gives us an opportunity to sit down with loved ones and switch off from the world to focus on what matters.
There are over 60 million people in Britain, each of us have our own favourite dish, for me, it’s a humble burrito. It reminds me of my friends, we love burritos, often we tend to go out and eat them but this week, I decided to make it myself.
So, I called upon my friends, took over their kitchen and hosted a dinner party, celebrating the food that we all love.
Uncle Ben’s Tangy Burritos
When I sat down and tried to decide what I wanted to create for my dinner party, it didn’t take much thought. As soon as I mentioned rice to my friends we all instantly said burritos!
All you need is
- 1 jar of Uncle Ben’s Mexican tangy tomato sauce
- 2 packets of Uncle Ben’s tomato and basil rice
- 8 wraps
- 1 red pepper
- 2 white onions
- Handful of mushrooms
- 1 tin of cannelloni beans
- 1/2 packet of halloumi
- 4 pork steaks
- 1 avocado
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
To make it just
- Grill the pork steaks until cooked through.
- Chop the onion, red pepper and mushrooms, using a tiny bit of oil cook them through in a large pan. Add the beans and sauce combining well. Pop a lid on to stew and let flavours combine!
- Pop rice in the microwave.
- Warm wraps if you want and serve it all separately then let everyone dig in and build their own burritos!