So, recently one of my friends has been going through a bad time and in an effort to cheer her up I cooked her some ultimate comfort food. Luckily she was from the north which meant she appreciate a proper good Mac and cheese, the slight problem didn’t have any macaroni and she wanted bacon so we got a student carbonara.
£1.15 15 minutes Serves 1
All you need is
- 80g pasta
- 15g grated cheddar
- 50ml milk
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 bacon medallions
To make it just
- Boil some water in a pan and add the pasta once its boiled and leave to cook, stirring occasionally.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain and leave in a colander.
- Place the bacon under the grill and leave to cook.
- In the saucepan melt a tablespoon of butter and mix with a table spoon of flour and stir well.
- Once the two have mixed together add milk and stir continually, adding more milk until you get the amount of sauce required.
- Keep stirring until it starts to thicken then add the grated cheese.
- Once the bacon has cooked cut into slices and mix into the sauce then stir in the pasta and serve.
Where to buy