Who doesn’t love a pie? I know I do! It always goes down a treat in our home whether its beef, chicken and even just vegetables, pie is always a family classic.
£1.50 30 minutes (plus 5-6 hours slow cook) Serves 3
All you need is
- 200g beef chunks
- 2 carrots
- 1 white onion
- 5 mushrooms
- Handful of kale
- 1/2 bottle of Guinness
- 1 cup of beef gravy
- Salt and pepper
- 4-5 sheets of filo pastry
To make it just
- Dice the onion and mushrooms and cook until soft in an ovenproof dish.
- Add the beef to the dish.
- Finely dice the carrot and add along with the kale.
- Cover with beef stock and 1/2 the bottle of Guinness.
- Place in the oven on low and leave to cook for 5-6 hours.
- Check halfway through and add more Guinness gradually.
- Once it’s stewed, pour into a pie dish and cover with filo pastry, tip: scrunch the pastry up for a crumbled effect.
- Bake until pastry turn golden brown then serve with mash or chips!
Where to buy
|Beef gravy granules||£1.50||£1.50||£1.50|