Who doesn’t love banana bread? The only downside seems to be that it doesn’t often get eaten quick enough. So I made cupcakes instead as they can easily be frozen and enjoyed at a later date.
£0.13 45 minutes Makes 8
All you need is
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 60ml coconut oil
- 65g plain flour
- 65g ground oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
To make it just
- Pre-heat your oven to 170°C/Gas Mark 3/Fan 150
- Peel and mash the bananas until thick.
- Mix in the eggs and melted coconut oil combining well.
- Mix in the plain flour combining well than add the ground oats, cinnamon and baking powder mixing until forms a cake consistency.
- Line a cupcake tray with cases and spoon the mixture in.
- Place in your oven for 35 minutes until brown and risen then leave to cook.
- Eat all in one go or once cooled wrap tightly in clingfilm then place in a freezer bag to eat once fully defrosted.
Where to buy
If you fancy a vegan-friendly alternative try out Five for a Fivers recipe.