If you didn’t know already, in which case, where have you been? I am a huge fan of chocolate, which is why Christmas and Easter are my two favourite times of the year.
And this year I am going full out chocolate mania! Partly because the stress of third year has got me running to Tesco Express everyday looking for more chocolate fuel.
So, as part of Blogmas you’re going to see lots of chocolate recipes – yes, this is a healthy food blog but it’s Christmas so treat yo self!
Or of course treat others, these discs make the perfect present just wrap in cellophane and keep in the fridge until giving out. That, or pop them on your table after dinner to enjoy with coffee.
All you need is
- 50g milk chocolate
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp oil (optional)
- Handful of hazelnuts
To make it just
- Break the chocolate up and place in a microwaveable bowl, add the butter.
- Place in the microwave for 30 seconds then stir well until chocolate is melted.
- Break the hazelnuts up into incredibly small pieces then mix into the chocolate.
- Line a baking tray or board or baking paper.
- Place teaspoons of the chocolate mix to the baking paper and shape into circles.
- Leave to cool completely then place in the fridge to keep solid.
Coffee and Walnut discs
- 50g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp. coffee
- 3 walnuts
- 1 tsp butter
To make it just
- Break the chocolate into chunks and place in a microwaveable bowl with the butter.
- Melt in the microwave for 30 seconds stirring well.
- All in the coffee once it’s cooled mixing well again.
- Crush the walnuts into small pieces and mix into the chocolate mix.
- Line and baking tray or board with baking paper and place teaspoon sizes of the chocolate onto the paper.