I have to admit, I am not a baker. I love cooking and fear baking, mostly because if I make one mistake the whole thing could go wrong. Thankfully, I have a friend who does love baking, and with her assistance (and kitchen) I managed to cook up these festive cookies – not entirely Christmassy, but they’re very tasty.
A bit pricy for me at £1.94 a batch, but with a batch making 12 cookies, it’s just 16p a cookie.
All you need is
- 100g of white and milk chocolate
- 200g butter
- 1 tbsp hazelnut spread (optional)
- 300g caster sugar
- 325g self raising flour
- 1 egg
To make them just
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4
- Beat together the butter and sugar then add in the egg
- Add the flour gradually mixing well
- Crush the chocolate into small chunks then add into the mixture folding well adding the spread in as well if you’d like
- Grab handfuls of the mixture and form into balls placing on lined baking trays
- Gently push down the mixture in the centre then bake for 12 minutes ensure they’re soft in the centre when you take them out