£0.47 20 minutes Serves 3
Bulk cook your lunch and store in Tupperware so all you have to do is grab it out and go to work! I portioned mine and froze 2 then popped one in my Find Me A Gift lunchbox and off I went.
All you need is
- 1 tin red kidney beans
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of rice
- 200g passata
- 1/2 white onion
- 100g frozen mixed vegetables
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Slice of fresh lemon (optional)
Tip: try this recipe with my fully loaded salsa
To make it just
- Cover the rice with 3 cups of water and place in the microwave, cook for approximately 10 minutes but check on it until all water is absorbed.
- Slice the pepper and onion up then place in a pan and cook, once browned add the drained beans, spinach and vegetables then cover with passata and mix in the seasonings.
- Add the rice to the pan with vegetables once cooked and cover well before boxing up and leaving to cool.
- Store in the freezer for up to 1 month or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serve hot or enjoy it cold (if you prefer) with a dollop of salsa or squirt of lemon for a hit of extra flavour.
Where to buy
|Red kidney beans||£0.30||£0.30||£0.30|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||£0.77||£0.89||£0.80|