£1.50 2 hrs 30 mins Serves 4
Nothing beats a good stew as the weather gets colder, this can be made either in advance and frozen or made in the morning and left all day to be enjoyed in the evening. This meal serves 4, and due to the potatoes you don’t need to add any extras.
All you need is
- 2 pork chops with fat trimmed
- 3 shallots
- 2 carrots
- 200g new potatoes
- 1 pint beef stock
- 100g frozen vegetables
- Salt and pepper seasoning
- 1 tbsp plain flour
To make it just
- Chop the pork into small chunks and gently fry off in little or no oil.
- Once cooked place into a casserole dish, add the frozen vegetables, salt and pepper and flour.
- Chop the shallots, carrots and new potatoes into large chunks and add to the casserole dish.
- Top the dish with the beef stock and place in the oven on 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark 5 for 2 hours.
Where to buy