£1.09 30 minutes Serves 3
Cooking for three seems to be quite a theme lately with my recipes, but to be honest, it’s because I love leftovers. Having a dish ready to go in the fridge for tomorrows lunch always makes life easier.
All you need is
- A 200g fillet of cod (it can be slightly more or less if easier to purchase)
- 4 large potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 tin plum tomatoes
- 1 white onion
- 5 chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp basil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
To make it just
- In a pan bring water to the boil and stir in the stock cube.
- Chop the potatoes into chunks and peel and chop the carrots. Place in the pan for 7 minutes.
- Peel and chop the onion, pepper and mushrooms into chunks. Place aside.
- After 7 minutes add the pepper, onion and mushrooms to the pan with potatoes and turn off the heat and cover, leave for 5 minutes.
- Slice the cod into 3 chunks and place each one on its own piece of baking paper. Cover one side with salt, pepper, basil and olive oil. Then turn over and cover the other side with salt, pepper, a squirt of fresh lemon juice and 2 slices of lemon. Finely slice the garlic cloves and split among the fillets. Cover the fish and place on a tray to bake.
- Bake the fish in 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6 for 15 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and place in a baking tray, cover with salt, pepper, oil, basil and lemon juice. Slightly drain the tomatoes then using a fork place the tomatoes in the tray and cut in half. Put in the oven and cook until fish is done.
- Once everything has been cooked remove and plate up.
Where to buy
|Tinned plum tomatoes||£0.29||£0.31||£0.65|
|Vegetables stock cubes||£0.50||£0.49||£0.65|