£1.30 10 mins Serves 1
For a long time I have wanted to try eggs benedict, however, I never seem to wake up in time to go out for breakfast and as a result haven’t had any success. This being said, eggs benedict aren’t exactly the healthiest thing on the menu. Yet, I had a tweak with the sauce and exchanged the muffin for crumpet and as a result had a delicious low fat brunch.
All you need is
- 60ml fat free yogurt
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp mustard
- 2 crumpets
- 2 bacon medallions
- 1 egg
To make it just
- Place the bacon under the grill and leave to cook.
- Boil water in a pan ready for poaching your egg.
- In a small saucepan combine the egg yolk, salt, pepper, fat free yogurt, lemon juice and mustard, cook on the hob and allow the heat.
- Once the water is boiling poach your egg.
- Put your crumpets on.
- When you’re egg is ready place the crumpets on a plate and top each one with bacon, then place your poached egg on top before covering with the sauce.
- Top with salt and pepper to enhance flavour.
Where to buy
|Fat free yogurt||£1.00||£0.90||£0.65|