£1.50 25 mins Serves 1
As we turn from Winter to Spring our wardrobes change from hat, scarves and coats to leather jackets and jeans. Which means our food changes too, our fridges get filled up with salad leaves and fruit juices. So, this salad is the perfect recipe to go from Winter to Spring.
All you need is
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- Handful lettuce, shredded
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 20g goats cheese, chopped
- Handful dried cranberries
- 1 chicken breast, seasoned with salt, pepper and mixed herbs
To make it just
- Fry the chicken breast in a little oil in a pan over a medium heat, flipping over every few minutes to avoid it being over cooked on either side.
- In a microwaveable bowl place the potatoes and cover with water and allow to cook in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- On a plate, place the lettuce shredded as a base for the salad, then top with the chopped red pepper and red onion and cover with the grated carrot.
- Afterwards chop the goat’s cheese and cover the with that and the cranberries.
- Drain the potatoes and place on top of the salad, then get the chicken and chop into slices and place over the top.
- Cover with a light vinaigrette if you wish.
Where to buy