£0.73 20 minutes Serves 3
Paella! This was so tasty, I love eating fish but always worry it’s going to be expensive, but when you look at it, it’s actually not that bad. This is full of vegetables and bulked out with couscous, a cheap and quick rice alternative.
All you need is
- 500g cous cous
- 1 white onion
- 4 button mushrooms
- 50g cod fillet
- 100g mixed frozen vegetables
- All you need for the sauce is
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- 4 garic cloves
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 250ml vegetables stock
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tsp fish sauce
To make it just
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Place your fish fillet in tin foil and cover with salt and pepper then place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Bring a pan of water to boil and place the frozen vegetables in and cook until soft.
- Place your couscous in a large dish and cover with boiling water and leave, stir once water is absorbed – should take 5 minutes.
- Dice the onion and fry with the mushrooms.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients for the sauce and mix well.
- Once the onions are soft add to the couscous, once the vegetables and soft also add to couscous.
- After the fish has cooked flake and place into couscous and mix well.
- Pour over the couscous your sauce and stir well then enjoy.
Where to buy