£1.00 30 mins Serves 2
This is an ideal lunch dish as it’s easy to make and will fill you up enough to last till dinner without needing to snack. This s enough to make for one as a meal of two as a small snack or part of a meal.
All you need is
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 200g chickpeas, drained
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Sprinkle of grated cheddar
To make it just
- Prick the sweet potato then place in the microwave for 6 minutes.
- In a pestle and mortar grind the chickpeas so they are crushed, if you don’t have one of these you can use a bowl and the end of a rolling pin.
- Once crushed mix in the lemon juice so it begin to stick together.
- After cooking carefully cut in half, the potato will be incredibly hot, carefully slice it in half and spoon out the mixture trying to keep the skin in tact.
- Add the centre to the pot and mix with the chickpeas, add the salt, pepper and garlic mixing well.
- Spoon the mixture into the sweet potato skins ensuring they’re filled correctly before placing in the oven on gas mark 4 for 20 minutes.
- If you desire cheese on top, remove the skins after 15 minutes and top with the cheese before returning until it melts.
Where to buy