£1.19 30 minutes Serves 2
I’ve been incredibly interested lately in Mediterranean style food, it’s so tasty and light plus includes lots of feta and chicken which is always good for me!
All you need is
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 200g wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 carrot
- 1 tsp basil
- 100g spinach
- 1 red onion
- 6 mushrooms
- 2 tbsp passata
- 15g feta
To make it just
- In a bowl combine 1 tsp garlic, 2 tsps lemon juice and 1 tsp black pepper with the parsley.
- Chop the chicken into cubes and mix well with the seasoning in a bowl coating the chicken.
- Bring a bowl of water to the boil and add the spaghetti and leave to cook.
- In a frying pan place a tbsp olive oil, once its heated add the chicken and cook on a high heat turning once white.
- Chop the mushrooms and red onion into small chunks.
- Once the chicken is booked remove from the pan, place the spinach in the pan along with the onion and mushrooms. Peel the carrot into long strips into the pan and fry off.
- Once fried turn off the heat and add the chicken mixing.
- When the pasta has cooked remove from the heat and drain before returning to the pan.
- Mix in the ingredients from the pan and top with passata, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp basil and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Chop the feta into cubes and mix in with the pasta and serve.
Where to buy