£0.61 25 mins Serves 2
This is a great side dish for 2 or a snack for one. It’s simple and great tasting, swapping the batter for a breaded option means you can taste the onion more and give the dish a rustic feel.
All you need is
- 1 red onion, large
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp paprika
To make it just
- Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas Mark 9
- In separate bowls place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs.Mix the paprika into the breadcrumbs well and then whisk the egg gently. Chop the red onion into large rounds, roughly 2cm thick.
- Then gently push the centre of the ring so it separates, giving you lots of thin onion rounds.
- Coat each round individually in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and place on a baking tray. Cook them for 20 minutes on 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas Mark 9
- Take out of the oven and enjoy!
Where to buy