£2.14 50 mins Serves 2
Since being back at home I’ve been given free range of my mothers kitchen which means lots of healthy foods and lots of different sauces. Yet, I still felt this was a basic meal but a delicious one and very healthy whilst being filling at the same time.
All you need is
- 2 rashers of bacon
- 3 breaded chicken strips
- Baby new potatoes
- Handful of lettuce leaves
- Grated carrot
For the dressing
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- English mustard
To make it just
- On a baking tray place the chicken and allow to cook for 20 minutes.
- Next fill a saucepan with water and allow to boil, then chop up the new potatoes into halves.
- Once the water has boiled put the potatoes in for around 15 minutes.
- After 20 minutes of the chicken being in the oven put 2 bacon rashers on the tray then allow to cook.
- Turn the bacon over after 5 minutes to cook both sides.
- Whilst the hot food is cooking cut up the cucumber, pepper and cucumber into slices and chuck in a bowl with the lettuce leaves and grated carrots.
- Drain the potatoes once they’re soft in the middle and leave in the sink to cool down.
- Take the tray out of the oven and leave on the side too cool as well.
- In a pot with a lid put a tablespoon of oil and vinegar with a small teaspoon of mustard and shake well to allow to mix well.
- Cut up the bacon and chicken add to the salad and then top with the dressing and enjoy!