£0.32 50 minutes serves 6
What’s better than apple pie? Apple pie granola, same great taste but no fatty pastry, what’s not to love? This tastes great and will make you start your morning full and smiling.
All you need is
- 2 apples
- 750g muesli
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp cranberries
- 1 tsp ginger
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 60ml honey
To make it just
- Pre-heat your oven to 150°C/130°C Fan/Gas Mark 2.
- Peel and chop the apples into small slices and cover with water then place on top of a high heat and leave to boil for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix well to ensure the muesli is fully coated in flavour.
- After ten minutes leave some of the water from the pan, mash the apples using a masher until smooth and then stir into the mix.
- Cover a tray with baking paper and pour on the mix.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes, stir halfway through.
- Either enjoy warm or leave to cool and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Where to buy